Sunday, April 7, 2013

How I Spent my Spring Break

This is the last evening of my Spring Break.  I sometimes like to get to know the bloggers behind their blogs and so I thought I'd share with you how I spent my Spring Break to let you in on a little about me.  I mentioned in my April Currently post that I had a long to-do list, which I still have, but a lot of it got accomplished.  It's a little bitter sweet to head back to school for the last leg of the school year.

Here's what I did this week:

  • Deep cleaned my bedroom and master bathroom.  I dread cleaning the shower and it needed it badly.  It always feels so much better after I've cleaned a room. 
  • Cleaned up my office.  I thought I should have taken a before and after photo, but the hubby didn't think that mess should be online forever. ;)  There's still some organizing to do, but now my hubby has his desk area back. 
  • Made cookie and brownie mixes with my sisters-in-law.  I have this fabulous book: 5069179_gifts_from_the_kitchen_cover_detail
And we made some of the mixes to have on hand for storage.  It's much cheaper than buying the store packaged mixes.
  • Helped my parents list some items for sale online
  • Helped my in-laws unpack a few things into their new house
  • Did some Dilly Dabbles work stuff
  • Quilted. I recently got a new sewing machine and have rekindled my sewing hobby.  Here's a picture of the quilt I worked on over break.  Now I just need to decide on the pattern for quilting it. Sorry it's a bit dark.


  • Taxes.  I put this one off for a while.  I'm usually done with filing taxes by early February, but this year I knew we'd have to pay some, so I put it off.  Ended up that between State and Fed it'll all come out a wash, but that was a bit of a nightmare.  Next year, getting an accountant. 
  • Coupon shopped
  • Attended a sewing class.  I'm going to be a sewing teacher at a local fabric shop during the summer and am attending classes to learn the ropes. 
  • Watched the General Conference for my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  You can learn more about "Mormons" here and view the conference here.
  • Prepared to teach a third grade class about solving math word problems this next week. (Lesson plan and ideas I came up with in an upcoming post.)
  • Overall, I enjoyed spending time with my sweet family.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love Comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...