Friday, May 24, 2013

Five for Friday



It's time for me to join in on the fun and try my hand at the Doodle Bugs Five for Friday!  It's been a wild week for me.

1.  Our dear kitty went to heaven this week.  At only 18 months old it was something we didn't expect to happen.  He became very ill last week.  After an overnight veterinary stay, the vet didn't know what was causing his vomiting and lack of appetite.  So, we opted to take him home and see if the IV fluids and medications helped.  They didn't.  Our Rocky quickly declined and on Saturday we sent him to heaven.  I was in awe of my 9 year old daughter.  She handled it all so maturely. Here's a kitten picture of Rocky.  I didn't have quick access to a more recent one.

2. On a lighter note, today is my last day of school!  I've been working as a literacy instructional coach this year and decided I needed to return to the classroom.  I'll be teaching 5th grade next year.  I'm excited to blog more about my teaching and classroom.  If you're a younger grade teacher and have been following me, don't worry, all of my lower grade stuff will stay and I'll likely continue to add lower grade tips and products in addition to the upper grade tips and items that are sure to come. 


3.  Since I'm changing positions, I cleaned out my office yesterday.  I should have taken a before picture, but here's the after.  I've still got the computer up to work on summer workshops I'm teaching. It's a lovely cubicle in a trailer. ;)


4. My oldest daughter made the state competition team in her soccer club.  She's only played a year and has improved so much!  This is a tournament she played in over President's day weekend. She's the one in the middle facing out.  She's a great defender.

5.  I'm excited to spend the summer with my kids (between TpT, blogging and my part-time fabric store job) this summer.  Here's a darling pic of them.  This post has been a lot about family, but that's what is on my mind now and I enjoy hearing about the lives of the bloggers I follow, so hopefully you'll enjoy this post from me.  



 

 photo Signature_edited-3_zps050aaea1.png

6 comments:

  1. Yay for grade 5! I'm your newest follower, a fellow fifth grade teacher blogger. :)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great vacation...it will be busy but fun. I am a homeroom teacher for 4th grade but I teach 5th grade social studies and I love the age. Good Luck!
    Pat

    A Time to Share & Create


    MY WEBSITE

    Fabulous 4th Grade



    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I'm so sorry about Rocky! That's far too young to lose a beautiful little guy like that! It's made me cry! I hope you're all doing ok :(

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those babies are cutie pies! I love that picture. I am sorry about your kitty. Have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just the cutest pic of your sweet kiddos! Looking forward to hearing all about your new adventures! =)

    ~Tanya
    A+ Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture of your kids!! Thanks for sharing it, it made me smile! :)
    Thanks,
    Nancy
    www.theapplebasketteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...