It's time for me to join in on the fun and try my hand at the Doodle Bugs Five for Friday! It's been a wild week for me.
1. Our dear kitty went to heaven this week. At only 18 months old it was something we didn't expect to happen. He became very ill last week. After an overnight veterinary stay, the vet didn't know what was causing his vomiting and lack of appetite. So, we opted to take him home and see if the IV fluids and medications helped. They didn't. Our Rocky quickly declined and on Saturday we sent him to heaven. I was in awe of my 9 year old daughter. She handled it all so maturely. Here's a kitten picture of Rocky. I didn't have quick access to a more recent one.
2. On a lighter note, today is my last day of school! I've been working as a literacy instructional coach this year and decided I needed to return to the classroom. I'll be teaching 5th grade next year. I'm excited to blog more about my teaching and classroom. If you're a younger grade teacher and have been following me, don't worry, all of my lower grade stuff will stay and I'll likely continue to add lower grade tips and products in addition to the upper grade tips and items that are sure to come.
3. Since I'm changing positions, I cleaned out my office yesterday. I should have taken a before picture, but here's the after. I've still got the computer up to work on summer workshops I'm teaching. It's a lovely cubicle in a trailer. ;)
4. My oldest daughter made the state competition team in her soccer club. She's only played a year and has improved so much! This is a tournament she played in over President's day weekend. She's the one in the middle facing out. She's a great defender.
5. I'm excited to spend the summer with my kids (between TpT, blogging and my part-time fabric store job) this summer. Here's a darling pic of them. This post has been a lot about family, but that's what is on my mind now and I enjoy hearing about the lives of the bloggers I follow, so hopefully you'll enjoy this post from me.