Friday, August 15, 2014

Avery Binders and Divider Tabs

Just in time for back to school, I received some Avery brand products to review from Shoplet.  Here's how I put them to use.  

I'm going to give "Genius Projects" a try this year.  I had a great discussion with a sixth grade teacher yesterday about how we might implement it in our classes this year.  I set up the binder with a tab for each student.  I'm still working on the tracking sheets that will go inside; I'll post about them as soon as I get them done.  I plan to include a record sheet behind each students' tab to help me keep track of their projects and how they're doing and what support they need.  I'll also put in a copy of their proposals. 



I have always appreciated the quality of Avery products.  The view binder with one-touch EZD rings is super easy to open.  The one pull tab on the bottomhas a rubber surface for easy and comfortable grip.  You really can open it with just one hand pulling on the tab (You'll need your other hand to hold the binder in place as you pull.)  The two pockets mean that you can be more organized and hold more papers in the front and back cover of the binder.  The pockets are clear so you can easily see what you've put inside of them.

The Index Maker Clear Dividers with Color Tabs and with White Tabs are durable, professional looking dividers.  The thick paper the tabs are on will help them stand up to a lot of flipping in your binder.  The tabs come with labels that can be printed on for an even more professional and organized look.  Both the Easy Apply labels and the traditional formatted labels were included in the box. The Easy Apply labels are designed to be applied to all the tabs at once for ease and time saving.  I was skeptical at first, but I actually really liked how easy and well they worked. I loved that I easily downloaded the template from the website included on the label sheet and easily named and printed the labels all at once. 



 You can view a great tutorial video on the dividers below:
 

Do you do "Genius Hour" or "Genius Projects"? How do you make it work well in your classroom? 

 
I received the Avery products as a courtesy from Shoplet in exchange for my review.  All opinions are my own from my experience with the products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love Comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...