Saturday, August 16, 2014

Bright Idea: Taming Cords


No tangled cords, everything has a place, all devices can charge.

I am so excited this year to have 7 Chromebooks to use in my classroom (waiting for the 7th to arrive that was recently funded through Donors Choose).  Having at least a small group set will mean that we'll be able to use them throughout the day.  I wanted them to be set up in a specific location and have the cords at hand so they can be always charging or, if they need to be moved, plugged in as soon as they are returned to their spot.  There are many great ideas around for taming all your cords for classroom devices.  This is what I came up with that is going to work great for me and my classroom set up.

Place adhesive velcro to the cord box. 

Take the paper backing off the opposite velcro and attach to the base so that they are lined up. My shapes didn't match, I just used what I had left over from other projects.  It worked just fine. 

Place the box to the underside of the table where you desire. 

Do the same process with a power strip.  It will need a bit more velcro. 

The view from under the table with attached cords. You could certainly pull up all the hanging cords with some twist-ties or zip ties to tidy it all up a bit more. 


Thanks to Shelley for organizing this monthly link up.  Be sure to check out the many other Bright Ideas by clicking the links below. 


If you liked this idea, ensure that you don't miss any other post by following me at any of the social media links the top of the blog. 




4 comments:

  1. Isn't velcro amazing! Thanks for the tip!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! I am thinking about my home office too and how I can use this as well!

    Jennifer from
    Simply Kinder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I always forget about using Velcro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I love this idea. Cords are a nightmare. Congrats on your Chromebooks!

    Kathy Griffin's Teaching Strategies

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...