Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday Made It: Bags and Quilts

This week's Monday Made it is all about my hobby, sewing.  This week I worked on several bags and a quilt.



This bag is headed to Danielle of Crayonbox learning.  She did the update to my blog, which I am loving! I'm working on two more in different patterns that aren't quite finished that are headed to Logan, UT. 





This quilt I put together in memory of my father in law.  He passed away from complications of a brain tumor he had been fighting for four years last summer.  This was a mystery quilt along with Heather Spence Designs and Missouri Star Quilt Company.  The small donation they collect from participants is donated to cancer.org.  I chose grey colors as grey is the symbolic ribbon color for brain cancer.  It was quilted by Sew Shabby Quilting and I just got it back from her on Friday.  I'll finish it up with some binding and it will be my son's quilt to remember his grandpa. 




This last one isn't a made it, but it's so fun I just decided to include it.  I was with my parents this weekend to attend my cousin's wedding.  Between the luncheon and the evening reception, we took a little drive.  This darling house is near my parent's house.  It was built to resemble the house in the Disney' movie UP.  Isn't it darling! They get a LOT of visitors.  I don't think I'd want to live next door... ;)

Have a great week!
See the many other "made its" that were linked up this week by clicking the button below. 


8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! I truly wish I could sew! It was not a hobby I was ever able to pick up!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love your blog design!

    Elizabeth
    Seconds at the Beach

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is great - I love it! I've got a quilt that needs to be ready for Sunday but is not going well - watch this space next Monday! Your quilt looks lovely.
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm sure you'll get it done. I go in spurts of sewing lots and times when I need a break.

      Delete
  3. Your quilt has a really unique design! I am sure that your son will love it! And Danielle is lucky to get that cute bag!

    Kay @ Sommer Pride

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! I was worried about how the quilt would turn out since the design was a complete mystery until the last clue. You receive a clue a week and slowly piece the blocks and then at the end put it all together.

      Delete
  4. That bag is absolutely ADORABLE!! I'm in love!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...