Thursday, April 12, 2012

Poetry Task Cards



Here's a set of Free task cards for your poetry center.  It includes 24 cards with various levels of tasks and a template card page so you can create your own cards.  Along with the cards, I'm starting a new series to share with you: A Poem a Week.  I feature a poem a week with my students and place the poem in the poetry center for the week for students to work with.  Most of the poems I use are from unknown or anonymous authors that are virally posted online.  So, I'm pretty sure that they're safe to adjust for the purpose of a poetry center and share with all of you.

**Please note that these cards have been changed to be priced at just $2.00.  If you were directed here by Classroom Freebies, please email me: dillydabbles@gmail.com.  All the coordinating poems are still free, and will remain so.  Thank You. **






Here's the first poem set with one to come each week for the next 35-40 weeks.  This first one will be available only to Facebook Fans.  So hurry on over and like the DillyDabbles page.  Click on the tab that says Fans Only Freebies.  The poem set is 6 pages that correlate directly with the task cards.  It includes:

  • a page to cut into strips to put the poem in order
  • a page to slip into a sheet protector so students can trace the poem with dry erase markers
  • a page to practice antonyms and synonyms
  • a quarter page size for gluing in a poetry notebook
  • a page with words covered for students to add their own new words
  • a page with word family / pattern emphasis and recording sheets
By the way....they'll all be Free!  Please share this resource with your Friends, Followers and Collegues.  If there's something more you'd like added, please let me know. Check back Tuesday for the next Free poem set and then on Thursdays weekly.

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. What a fantastic activity! I can't thank you enough for sharing!

    Sincerely,
    Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
    Teaching With Love and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Check back each week for a poem set structured the same way to correlate with the task cards.

      Delete
  2. I found you on TBTS and I'm your newest follower! Would love for you to stop by and see my blog.

    Kinder-Craze
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great!!

    Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    Abby @ Third Grade Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these poetry task cards no longer free? I would REALLY like a copy for my new classroom next year, but I cannot get them for free.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidy,
      I hope you'll check back to this post and send me an email. I have no way to communicate with you on an Anonymous post. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I also couldn't get them free from TPT. They look like a great resource :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carmela, I was unable to contact you as it looks like your email address is not attached to your profile, nor could I find contact information on your blog. As stated in the post above, if you come across this post, I am happy to get you the task cards if you email me.

      Delete

I love Comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...