Friday, March 30, 2012

Storing and Organizing Math Manipulatives

Using and storing math manipulatives can be cumbersome and chaotic.  I wanted my students to have access to the math tools any time they needed them and to be able to choose the tools that they related to and used the best.  I used this storage unit from IKEA for my children and had the thought that it would make the perfect storage for math manipulatives.  Well, it is perfect.  You can get the unit on Amazon, here's the unit I have:
or if you're lucky enough to have an Ikea within driving distance, you can get it a little cheaper and buy directly. Bins in medium and large sizes are also available along with other variations of the shelf unit.  Students can access the tools easily and they can be put away right back where they belong.  Here are some labels you can print out for whatever storage solution you have or come up with.  I just printed them on regular paper and put them on the drawers with clear packing tape.  How do you store your math manipulatives?
 

5 comments:

  1. I have only been to an IKEA once when I was in VA...I really want to live near one!!! THose storage shelves look perfect!
    Staci

    Going Nutty!

    misssquirrels@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one about 45 minutes away. It's a fun place to go when you just need to not worry about anything and to dream. ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi Melissa
    I just found your blog and love it! I'm your newest follower. If you have time, I'd love to have you stop by my blog to check it out.
    Barb
    itsabouttimeteachers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one... or two!:) I am finally going to have my own classroom in August and can't wait to set it up. Crossing my fingers I get something like this.
    I found your blog through Global Teachers Connect (I am a new contributor) and am now a follower. Can't wait to get to know you and teachers from all over the world.

    kind regards,
    Trish @
    http://miss-hoppy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...