Monday, January 9, 2012

Free Online Readers

Have you ever heard of the "I See Sam" phonics reader series?  Well, they are a series of phonics readers that have a long history.  They have now been put into an interactive form with lesson plans, phonics instruction, and comprehension support and practice.  Children can listen to the book or read it on their own.  Best part.... It's FREE!  go to www.readingteacher.com and sign up for a free account to get started.   You can assign students usernames and passwords (this takes another registration step, but is still free.)  Give it a try and let me know what you think.  I just signed up today and am excited for a few of my students to give it a try.  I plan to also share the student log in information with parents at our parent conferences this week so they can do it at home too.

4 comments:

  1. Great! I love finding a free online reading program, my students are obsessed with using the computer :) Thanks!

    Lisa :) (new follower)
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it will be helpful to you and thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be following from Idaho. I guess we're neighbors!
    Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tammy, I'm now following you too. We are neighbors!

    ReplyDelete

I love Comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...